- This is the fourth year I’m participating in the 100 Artist Show at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, Oregon. 100 artists interpret a theme and the proceeds are donated to a charity organization.
- Here is the formal press release:
- “What’s Inside-Artists Exploring the Potential for Change” 100 Artist Show
- February 5th – March 1st, 2008
- Opening reception: First Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 5-7pm.
- During the month of February, the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery will be presenting “What’s Inside-Exploring the Potential for Change” the 5th annual 100 Artists show. Participating artists, including artist, Carla Sonheim, from Salida, CO(!), received a wooden box through the mail and were asked to use this as their starting point for their piece of art, with a completed maximum size of 8” x 8”. Each box was sent “as is”, and was not packaged, but rather processed directly by the postal service firsthand. The stamps and addresses on the back will remain a part of the artwork for identification and for evidence of the actual mailing. Each artist was asked to involve a young child and ask them one of four questions concerning their feelings of what makes them feel safe. The answers for these questions are inside the finished boxes for the viewer to see and read.
- Artists have had over two months to transform, build, infuse, reduce or reinvent the box into their work of art.
- The exhibit will open on Tuesday, February 6th at 10:00 am pacific time. The public will be able to bid on their favorite artwork. Beginning bids are $50.00 with increments of $5.00 with a maximum of $200. The entire show will be posted online at www.zeekgallery.com. Calls can be made to the gallery to place bids: 503-581-3229. The bidding ends February 29th, 2008 at 6:00 pm pacific time.
- Wes answered question # 2, “What does it feel like to be powerful?”, with: “Good. Almost Evil. No, good.”
- My artwork is somewhat personal and I’m not really sure if it’s right for a gallery show… but oh well. It was this or nothing, as I had SUCH A HARD TIME with this project in the beginning… the first painting ended up in the fire.
- I apologize for all of the bullets… I can’t figure out what’s wrong the formatting…
Mary Lou Zeek Show
29 Tuesday Jan 2008