New Blog, and Why “Snowball Journals?”
- Some more astute readers may have noticed a little link to the right of this post that says “daily paintings blog.“
- And you are saying to yourselves, “RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, Carla!”
- Especially after the 10 Things project, which was a total and complete, humiliating failure.
- (I’m not even going to provide a link, I’m so embarrassed.)
- But this is different!!!
- Actually, it’s just a blog devoted to art for sale, which is not the intent of “Snowball Journals.”
- Some day I will tell you what I was thinking when I named it “Snowball Journals,” but not today.
- Well… okay.
- Snowball was my first cat. She was white with a grey spot on her forehead. I think we got her when I was four or five years old.
- Snowball was also the central character in my first nightmare.
- In the dream she was meowing and purring, rubbing up against my legs, etc. So I picked her up, and she suddenly started attacking my face with her teeth and claws.
- In recent years I’ve begun to understand who Snowball represented in the dream, etc., and I thought it would be useful to explore it in an art project called “Snowball Journals.”
- Instead, on a whim, I used the name for this blog.
- And I’m glad I did, because I’ve found I haven’t needed to pursue the original project. This “Snowball Journals” is doing the job of “processing”, but in a more positive way, I think (hope).
- Thank you for reading my blog!!!