Today is a hard day emotionally for me. I finally gave up trying to work, and have spent the last hour on flickr. I started with my own “favorites,” and from there picked one that appealed to me. I then went to the “favorites” of that person, and picked another image that appealed to me. One leads to another to another, and pretty soon I’ve found all kinds of inspiring art and images. Here is today’s trail:
- led to Denise Ann Simon’s
- which led to Art and Ghost’s
- which led to Yara’s
- which led to Joe McLaren’s
- which led to blanca helga’s
- which led to lalootka’s
- I heard from an old friend this morning via e-mail… we met in Sweden 20 years ago and were in each other’s weddings, but we haven’t seen each other in ages…. I took this photo so she can see what I look like now! (Then I thought I’d share it with you, too.)
- A recent piece:
- I’ve got my headphones on and am painting… I’m behind schedule (I realized last night)… need to get a new body of work done for the Oklahoma City show in just seven weeks!
- This morning Wes (who’s 12) was sniffing the milk that had been sitting on the table for maybe five minutes. “Don’t you hate it when milk turns to cheese?” he asked.
- Inspired today by Katherine Streeter.