9:00am – Arrive at airport, find out that my husband (bless his heart) booked my flight for MONDAY. Panic. Two agents. Finally decide to fly out at 5:55pm instead. Very expensive mistake.

9:50am – Decide to make the best of it. Will report hourly. Stay tuned.

10:00 – 10:50am – I don’t know what to do with myself for 9 hours at the airport. Notice floor. Draw some creatures.

Lots of crouching down to the floor so I can see. I catch the security guard eyeing me. Fine.

A few minutes later, I lose my balance and fall backwards on my butt, knocking over my suitcase. Fine.

Talk to Steve. Hmmm.

Spend enormous amount of time on the water for the croc drawing, below. (It may not look like water, but it is).

Get bored with creatures. Do some gesture drawings of a little girl running around in circles.

What an unbelievably impossible thing to try to do.

11:00 – 11:50am – Sick of drawing already. Decide to clean my desktop and do computery stuff. Sit myself down at a restaurant for breakfast, even though I just ate, I’m not hungry. But there’s power. So.

It occurs to me that I should write a “real” post during this time.

Okay, I’ve been meaning to let you all know that I will be teaching in Italy the first week in June 2011! We’re still working on the details, but the tentative title is “Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists.” (Hey, the title of my book!) Anyway, I’m collaborating with a long-time friend, Wendy Murray, who is an author and runs The Assissi Workshops. We promise to make it fun. Details forthcoming!

Finally, here are some pictures I found during the desktop clean-up portion of this hour:

Wes turned 15 July 2nd. He was in Colorado, I was in Washington. (Sad face here, happy face there!)

Another face from that series from about a week ago.

Half watercolor transfer (face), half regular drawing (body).

Artfest lions. These three lions were created in my Drawing + Collage class at Artfest in March… they were left at the show and tell… I’m so embarrassed not to have posted these earlier… but if you are the artist of one of these beautiful lions, please email me and I will send it to you!

Next update: 12:50PM (whoa, I made it to the PMs)

12:00 – 12:50pm I finished writing another “real” post. See it here. Decide I’m hungry after all. Order “nachos.” Update my blog sidebar while waiting for food. (Am I boring you? I’m boring myself!) Well, that took about 2 seconds. Decide to pull out Sharpie and do some blind drawings of the people around me. Can’t find pen.

Open suitcase, find pen, draw:

Lunch comes. (The nachos might have been a mistake, but I ate them anyway.)

Added pencil to above drawing:

Next adventure: bathroom!

1:00pm – 1:50pm – Pit stop, checked in, security. After that, I’m beat, and decide to close my eyes for the rest of the hour. Not entirely successful.

2:00pm – 2:50pm – Boredboredboredboredbored. Notice airplane designs in the carpet:

I hadn’t noticed that before!

Then spent too much time on this drawing (which was more successful earlier in its life):

I had fun photographing it in skewed directions, though!

Next up: the 3 o’clock hour!

3:00pm – 3:50pm – I spent the first part of the hour reading some blogs. I think you should read this one by my friend Wendy (see above), and this one by Arlene. This one by Angela is also good.

I took the theme of the three blog posts above to heart and decided to “get off my arse” and get some work done. I did.

4:00pm – 4:50pm – More work. Writing. Hard.

An airport haiku:

Giggling behind me,
“How was the drive in general?”
Cell phones have changed things.

5:00pm – 5:20pm – I had some fruit and a muffin for dinner and it was $10!! My gosh.

Eavesdropped on some conversations (always fun). Snippets from hours 1 and 2:

“It was a combination of diaper rash and … (inaudible).”

“How far are you from southern California? An hour?”

My seat row has been called and it’s time to go! The day went pretty fast, actually. Thanks for coming along!!!