Hello! Silly 3 is over and it was a great class… thank you to all the Silly 3’s!!
Silly 4 starts May 4th and registration is now open! Click here for more info!
Please join me for the third installment of my online class:
The Art of Silliness
(30 Worksheets/30 Days/25 Bucks!)
January 5 – February 3, 2010
(This class is open to ANYONE, whether or not they took the first classes — because “silly” has no prerequisite!)
Here’s the scoop:
• Each day I will create an Activity Sheet just for you. Worksheets may include one (or more) of the following: drawing exercises (can’t draw? YES YOU CAN!), writing prompts, poems to illustrate, vocabulary words, drawing games, collage prompts, puzzles… (just to name a few). FUN!
• NEW: Silly 3 has an Artist-in-Residence! Commercial photographer Steve Sonheim (A.K.A. Husband) will provide four special photography assignments, and will be available for questions and feedback throughout the month!
• Here is a SAMPLE of the first worksheet from the first “The Art of Silliness” (Spring 2010):
(Non-threatening and easy!)
• The worksheets will be created as the month goes on… in other words, this course is not preplanned down to the finest detail. (We are spontaneous over here at Silly Headquarters, Inc. Company.)
• Each day you will receive an email from me with a url link to the new pdf worksheet, which you can download, print, and complete!
• The daily email might also include stories, jokes, and all the Silly News.
• 30 days, 30 handouts. At the end of the class you can bind them all together for your very own Silliness “3″ Workbook!
• Our goal: to get you to just PLAY, just 10 minutes a day, with pen and paper, thoughts and images. (You will be surprised how a shot of silliness like this will positively inform the other goings-on in your day, including your regular artwork.)
• Every handout will have an “Extra Credit” section, in case you want to spend MORE than 10 minutes that day creating like a kid.
• Speaking of kids… this is a perfect class to do together with your children!! Each household can download as many sheets as they like.
• TEACHERS!!!! If you do this online class, you are welcome to photocopy the worksheets for use in your classrooms.
• A blog dedicated to the class will be created and administered throughout the month and will be the place for you to post comments, questions, and/or links to your finished Activity Pages.
• A “Silly the Third″ flickr site will be created so you can (optionally) share your worksheets, drawings, artwork, and enjoy and learn from the artwork of others. (However, if you are shy about posting your art, I will be available to you the entire month to look at your work via email.)
• Prizes? Of course!!
• The class starts January 5th and runs through February 3, 2011… a perfect way to start the new year!
• The class material will be up and available for download until April 15th, 2011, if for some reason you need to miss a day (or a couple of weeks).
• Here’s what people are saying about the Silly Series so far:
About Silly 1:
“I want to say that your online Art of Silliness drawing workshop
caused something of a paradigm shift in my perspective on drawing, more specifically, my ability to draw. I draw all the time now. No big deal, no worries, no “I’m not having fun this is too ugly”, none of that. I am now and forever more a person who draws. Because of you.”
— Jennifer W.
About Silly 2:
“The Best X 3:
Best drawing class I’ve taken on-line or off-line.
Best teacher who made drawing fun.
Best time spent that brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart
— Judith W.
And to see more, go here!
• I promise to make it fun. (Do you want to join me?)
January 5 – February 3, 2010
(though you will be able to access the pdfs until April 15th)
And please help me spread the word. THANK YOU!
Carla Sonheim, A.K.A. The Silly Queen
P.S. A note to OLD-TIMERS
Why take Silly again? Well, one reason is…
Silliness is Like a Bowl of Strawberries
Let me explain. You’ve tasted strawberries before, but that doesn’t mean you would say “no” to another bowl, right? Even though the experience will be similar, it deserves to be repeated because it “tastes good!”
Yes, it will be similar, but different. Why? Because now you are several months older. The weather has changed, and your energy level has increased (or decreased). That distracting situation with your neighbor is now resolved. In short, you are a COMPLETELY different person now and will thus respond differently to Silly 3!
(And though there will be some repeat exercises — such as Fleep lists and blind contours — the subject matter will be all new. The Squeen never just recycles material “copy and paste” style. That is my Silly Promise.)