P h o t o S i l l y L i g h t (new class)
Quick Sign up here! NOTE: Class is officially started, but you are welcome to join late and catch up at your own pace!
This week-long class will inspire you to get up and out with your camera. We will work at a more relaxed pace from PS1 and PS2, but will have lots of fun and silly assignments.
And we will touch on some technical aspects along the way. (This is a great warm up for “Photo Silly Advanced” coming in March 2012!)
• 7 assignments over seven days, you will receive a link to a new PDF worksheet that will look kind of like this (click to enlarge):
• You will receive an daily e-mail from Steve where he will further explain concepts that might not fit on a worksheet (including answers to questions from you).
• Your assignments will have you photographing people, places and things… the whole nine yards and then some.
• A “Photo Silly Light″ flickr site will be created so you can (optionally) share your photographs and get feedback from your fellow students, as well as enjoy and learn from others in the class.
• Steve will be available the entire week by email to answer ANY questions you have.
• The class PDFs will be up and available until March 31, 2012, if for some reason you need to miss a day. The blog and flickr sites will be up “forever.”
• Steve is an experienced photographer and teacher, and aims to help his students begin to develop their own unique photography “voice.” He writes, “This class is about looking at the world a little differently through your digital camera, and bringing more photography into your art, and more art into your photography.”
• Requirements: Any digital camera that you can download images to a computer and a basic photo-editing program. (Steve suggests either a trial [free] version of Photoshop Elements or Picasa by Google, also free. These are both easy to use and he will be giving instructions for both as we go along.)
• Photo Silly Alumni: All the worksheet/silly assignments will be NEW (though the class covers the same basic principles). If you want a refresher or just the prompt-a-day to get you shooting again, please join again!
• The first day of class is January 9!