Note: The class has started, but it’s never too late to join the fun! Please do!
Please join me for my next online silly class:
The Art of Silliness “5”
(A Creative Workshop For Everyone!)
(This will be the last round of “The Art of Silliness”
…any “silly” classes from here forward will be a different format…
yet to be determined!)
(21 days/21 Worksheets/25 Bucks!)
February 8 – 28, 2012
Here’s the scoop:
• Each day for three weeks you will receive an email from me with a url link to the new pdf worksheet, which you can download, print, and complete!
• Worksheets may include one (or more) of the following: drawing exercises (can’t draw? YES YOU CAN!), writing prompts, vocabulary words, drawing games, puzzles… (just to name a few). FUN!
• Here is a SAMPLE of a worksheet:
(Non-threatening and easy!)
• Our goal: to get you to just PLAY, just 10 minutes a day, with pen and paper, thoughts and images. (You will be surprised how a shot of silliness like this will positively inform the other goings-on in your day, including your regular artwork.)
• Every handout will have an “Extra Credit” section, in case you want to spend MORE than 10 minutes that day creating like a kid.
• Speaking of kids… this is a perfect class to do together with your children!! Each household can download as many sheets as they like.
• TEACHERS!!!! If you do this online class, you are welcome to photocopy the worksheets for use in your classrooms.
• A blog dedicated to the class will be created and administered throughout the class and will be the place for you to post comments, questions, and/or links to your finished Activity Pages.
• A “Silly 5″ flickr site will be created so you can (optionally) share your worksheets, drawings, artwork, and enjoy and learn from the artwork of others. (However, if you are shy about posting your art, I am always available to you to look at your work via email, if you like!)
• Prizes? Of course!!
• Click here for a silly little video commerical (30 sec)!
• The class material will be up and available for download until “forever,” if for some reason you need to miss a day (or a couple of weeks).
• Here’s what people have said about the Silly Series so far:
“I want to say that your online Art of Silliness drawing workshop caused something of a paradigm shift in my perspective on drawing, more specifically, my ability to draw. I draw all the time now. No big deal, no worries, no “I’m not having fun this is too ugly”, none of that. I am now and forever more a person who draws. Because of you.” — Jennifer W.
“The Best X 3: Best drawing class I’ve taken on-line or off-line. Best teacher who made drawing fun. Best time spent that brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart. — Judith W.
• I promise to make it fun. (Do you want to join me?)
Cost: Just $25
via Paypal or credit card, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for other payment arrangements.
Note: When you sign up you will receive a welcome email confirming your registration within 48 hours. If you DON’T receive an email, try checking your spam folder. If it’s not there, email me! email@example.com. Registration will remain open until February 28th, the last day of class.
Carla Sonheim, A.K.A. The Silly Queen:
I told myself I wasn’t going to do New Year’s Resolutions this year.
BUT! After leaving my laptop home for six days over Christmas, I realized how much I enjoyed my extra time NOT watching TV.
(I should say that I don’t consider myself a huge TV-watcher; Steve and I haven’t had a television in the house since the early 90s, and our evenings with younger children were busily spent with homework, dinner, baths, playing, and reading. Netflix, however, changed all this, and over the past five years I’ve found myself watching more and more television at nights.)
But I got out of the TV habit over Christmas and haven’t tuned in since. And I’ve been enjoying my extra time sewing, reading, and drawing! Here are two pieces I did yesterday after viewing and being inspired by the beautiful work of illustrator Nelleke Verhoeff, owner of Red Cheeks Factory. (Thanks, Nelleke!)