I don’t often teach live anymore, but I couldn’t say no to a week-long co-teaching trip with Lynn Whipple in Oaxaca, Mexico! We will be continuing our “Year of the Spark” online class, where we have been infusing more art, more creativity, more inspiration, and more fun in our lives!
And… there will be wonderful FOOD!
This trip is being organized by Kathie Vezzani. Kathie, also an artist, has been organizing culinary trips to Mexico with Culinary Adventures, Inc. and Marilyn Tausend for the past twenty years with chefs such as Rick Bayless, Diana Kennedy, Susana Trilling (from Oaxaca), Roberto Santibanez, and the late Elaine Gonzalez. Additionally, she tested recipes for Tausend’s last three Mexican cookbooks. Kathie’s tours combine two of her passions, food and art.
Joining her as she has with Culinary Adventures’ tours, is Ane Elena Martinez, a pastry chef from Puebla who coordinates details in Mexico.
Together with their many friends and contacts in Oaxaca, they have planned a once in a lifetime experience for us!
While in Oaxaca we will:
• Draw with Carla
• Paint a Mexican Muse to music with Lynn
• Make a mini book with Carla
• Collect and collage with “local flavor” with Lynn
• Draw and paint imaginary animals with Carla
• Create a mixed media and water color painting with both Carla and Lynn
• And more!
The trip starts and ends in Oaxaca and costs $3100 based on double occupancy and includes:
• seven nights accommodation at Casa de las Bugambilias
• all meals except one dinner
• cooking class at Susana Trilling’s Season of my Heart Cooking School
• visit to black pottery studio with master potter
• visit to a master woodworker of albrejis (the colorful wooden animals)
• Farewell Dinner at coveted restaurant in Oaxaca with special menu planned for us
• And more! (Excludes airfare to/from Oaxaca and taxi to/from airport — approximatley 250 pesos)
The trip will be limited to 12 participants.
Click HERE for more information!