Muses, Monsters suggested by Cigdem Kobu
My muses and my monsters have been at war lately.
I have some of each, and they are pretty equal in terms of strength and influence, though one often gets the better of the other and I never really know who will win the tug-of-war any given hour.
When the Monsters are winning I don’t seem to get any drawing or painting or writing done.
This might seem a cop out, as if I’m blaming my lack of productivity on “monsters,” but I stand by this story and here is why:
- Even at their best and nicest, Monsters interrupt things. (Interruptions are not good for creativity.)
- When the Monsters are tired, EVERYONE is tired.
- Monsters get their feelings hurt easily, which is annoying and sad. And distracting.
- Monsters tend to be loud, and I am noise sensitive (just ask my husband and his blasting stereo).
- Monsters at heart are insecure, which is confusing to both me and the muses.
When I sat down to write this blog post, the monsters were out dancing around a bit, but in the end they decided to take a little nap!
Please comment here or at the blog with any two words (they can be related to each other, or two random words), and I will pick a pair and try to come up with a drawing or piece of writing based on those two words.