A few years ago I read Amanda Palmer’s book, The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help. It was born out of her 2013 TED Talk of the same name, and it really spoke to me (both her talk and the book)!
But the main thing I remember about her book was the acknowledgement section: pages and pages and pages where Amanda thanked everyone who had helped her over the years. (Pages and pages and pages!)
It’s the end of 2018, and Steve and I have so much to be grateful for. I wanted to thank those who have helped us this year here (sentences and sentences!):
- Thank you to each and every one of you who have purchased classes from us in 2018. We appreciate you so much.
- Thank you to all of you who signed up for our 365 Year-Long Class, and to Will Sonheim, Jason Poole, and Kara Kramer for helping us create some of the prompts.
- Thank you to everyone who has purchased one of our books.
- Thank you to everyone who emailed us this past year, sharing your experiences and artwork. Sometimes your emails were just the encouragement we needed that particular day.
- Thank you to all of you who recommended our classes or books to your friends!
- Thank you to our wonderful teachers who taught new classes in 2018: Lendon Noe, Lynn Whipple, Anne Marie Grgich, Tracie Lyn Huskamp, and Anita Lehmann!
- Thank you to our wonderful teachers who taught classes before this year: Kara Kramer, Bari Zaki, Cat Bennett, Karine Swenson, Diane Culhane, Fred Lisaius, Dar Hosta James, Alison O’Donoghue and Stephanie Hargrave!
- Thank you to Wes Buckwalter, Harry Edwards and Tina Rowley — our small team of talent who helped us get our website launched in August!
- Thank you to those who participated in our 2018 Kids Art Week, and to our guest teacher Luna Russell.
- I usually try to take one in-person workshop and teach one in-person workshop each year. Thank you to Kathie Vezzani of Bellisima Art Escapes (who I taught with in March), and to Melinda Tidwell, whose class I took in September at ArtMakers Denver.
- Thank you to all of our 32,309 newsletter subscribers!
- Thank you for reading this blog post right now!
- And thank you to numerous friends and family who have supported us in every way. Thank you.
Have a WONDERFUL New Year!!
Steve & Carla