I spent most of yesterday making this ‘zine. And it was one of the most fun days I’ve had in awhile.
I found some sketchbooks from 2010 and picked out drawings that I haven’t shown before (though I realize now that one or two of them might be in The Art of Silliness).
I made 100 and there are about 20 left over at etsy… here is the info:
• 4.25″ wide x 5.5″ tall, 16 pages.
• Photocopied on cheap paper… you can see through it!
• Folded and stapled.
• 16 sketchbook pages that I’m pretty sure aren’t in any of my books or I haven’t shown for whatever reason.
• Limited edition of 100 (because I know myself, I will get bored after doing 100).
• A mini hand-drawn bird or fish on watercolor paper, stapled in (to justify the $5 cost of this little DIY zine). Size: 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″. I have made them and stapled them in… you will receive a surprise bird or fish!
• Sent via a plastic envelope with some goodies!
I’ve made many ‘zines in the past, but this is the first time in a LONG time that I’ve taken the time to make one!
P.S. We have a ‘zine portion coming up in the Words and Pictures class in the Fall!