“This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.” — Douglas Adams
How are you, today?
I spent the day working at home. My son, Wes, was sick.
Now, he’s 16 and perfectly able to care for himself, even when sick, but I must have needed some down time myself because I sure did take a long nap!
Here are some things on my mind:
• The live version of Silly 5 ended this week (so sad!). Thank you to EVERYONE who participated… truly the BEST group of people ever!
• My daughter-in-law, Christi, has started a new blog! It’s called “Secrets of Parenting: Ramblings of a First-Time Mom” and it’s delightful. She is a terrific writer… funny, too! If you have time, please head on over and leave some blog love! (If it’s been awhile since you’ve had an infant in your home, Christi will take you right back!)
• Krista Peel, an artist friend of mine, has also started a new blog! Krista rocks in just about every way, I love this woman. She’s interested in architecture, miniatures, and combining the two (along with “rocks, color, light, art, space, design and magic”). Check hers out here!
• I am in need of new music, and I would LOVE some suggestions from you! I like just about everything except “hard rock,” which can mean many things, but I’m sure you know what I mean. (Steve shakes his head whenever I call one of his songs “hard rock” as he so very cheerfully changes the song….)
• Filming the videos for Flower Crazy starts next week, and you KNOW how much I love being in front of the camera!
• When it rains, it pours! I’ve been so blessed with work lately… and today got word from my agent that some of my Girls designs have been picked up to be published as prints. Yay!
• I spent a few hours with Liam this morning. He’s five months old and truly a joy! He’s so cute I can’t take my eyes off of him whenever I’m around him, not even to pull out the camera. I promise I will, though, next time.