NOTE: This class has started, but you are welcome to still sign up at any time and catch up at your own pace!
August 6-10, 2012 • Watercolor Transfer Paintings
August 13-17, 2012 • Cereal Box Paper Dolls
* * * * *
W a t e r c o l o r T r a n s f e r P a i n t i n g s
Summer Camp is back! One-Week intensive workshop: August 6-10, 2012
In this class we’ll experiment with this easy and quick technique that creates some of the loveliest watercolor textures I’ve seen… if you love the intricate patterns found in a single rock, for example, you will love this class.
Using only t-shirt transfer paper and watercolors, we’ll first just play with brush techniques, working in layers and experimenting with fabric. (Watercolor on fabric? Yes!!)
Later in the week we will add other media to the mix: charcoal, ballpoint pen, crayon, and pastel to add even more texture and depth to these unique paintings.
And use cut and torn bits and pieces of the painted transfers to create fun and unique pieces of art:
We’ll also work with “plates” to create multi-layered paintings:
– Several watercolor brushes – brushes that you have on hand, medium to large, round or flat
– Small set of watercolors (cake or tube is fine)
– One 30” x 40” sheet of hot press, 140# watercolor paper, torn down to eight 7.5” x 10” pieces; save remaining paper for extra paintings.
– One package (6 or 12 sheets) of regular t-shirt transfer paper for white fabric (Avery, etc.)
– white paper for drawing exercises (can be regular computer paper)
– ballpoint pen
– small set of water soluble markers (can be cheap)
– parchment paper (to protect your iron)
Optional items (I will demo these things but are not necessary to participate in the class):
– white cotton Fabric or t-shirt
– soft vine charcoal
– chalk pastels