acquard Inkjet Fabric Sheets, fabric sheets, giraffe, homemade stuffed toy, stuffed animal, stuffed giraffe, year of the giraffe
Yesterday, by about 4pm, I was floundering. I didn’t seem to be getting anything done! And the little bit I had tried to sew…
… had ended up in the trash (after cutting out the good linen from the back).
I was TRYING to make a simple stuffed giraffe kind of like this one…
… by printing this image on fabric:
Since I don’t have my sewing machine here, I tried to hand-sew it, and it was terrible. Blech.
So I printed out another copy, and decided to paint the fabric to give the giraffe more of an outline so that when I sewed it, it made sense. I wanted the paint to be transparent, but I was too lazy or whatever to figure out the right way to do it. So I used the watercolors on my table:
The back side looked cool, too:
Just for fun I ran the whole piece of fabric underwater and the paint DID NOT wash out! Just a little color ran, but for the most part, the watercolor seemed to be semi-permanent on the Jacquard Inkjet Fabric Sheets.
Note to self: Play more with this.
But then, when I was scanning the image in, the scanner did a weird thing for a moment and the giraffe suddenly looked like this:
So I saved that copy and went on to play with other versions digitally in Photoshop:
I then printed out the last version on watercolor paper, and tried to “improve” it with more paint. Unfortunately, things got ugly, and I ended up using sandpaper and gesso to try and save it:
Not so much. Oh well!
Then I went home, after what turned out to be a really fun day!