Silly 2 is now over, but the PDFs are available at my etsy shop: www.carlasonheim.etsy.com
Silly 4 starts May 4th and registration is now open! Click here for more info!
“Drawing, Collage, Color, and Silly”
In April I hosted my first online workshop,
The Art of Silliness
30 Worksheets/30 Days/25 Bucks
It was SO FUN that I’m doing it again. But different!
Here’s the scoop:
• Each day I will create an Activity Sheet just for you. Worksheets may include one (or more) of the following: drawing exercises (can’t draw? YES YOU CAN!), journaling prompts, a poem to illustrate, writing exercises, spelling words, drawing games, collage prompts, puzzles… (just to name a few). FUN!
Here is a SAMPLE of the first worksheet from “The Art of Silliness”:
(Non-threatening and easy!)
• The worksheets will be created as the month goes on… in other words, this course is not preplanned down to the finest detail. (We are spontaneous over here at Silly Headquarters, Inc. Company)
• Each day you will receive an email from me with a url link to the new pdf handout, which you can download, print, and complete!
* The daily email might also include quotes, stories, and riddles. (HA!)
• 30 days, 30 handouts. At the end of the class you can bind them all together for your very own Silliness “2″ Workbook!
• Our goal: to get you to just PLAY, just 10 minutes a day, with pen and paper, thoughts and images. (You will be surprised how a shot of silliness like this will positively inform the other goings-on in your day, including your regular artwork.)
• Every handout will have an “Extra Credit” section, in case you want to spend MORE than 10 minutes that day creating like a kid.
• Speaking of kids… this is a perfect class to do together with your children!! Each household can download as many sheets as they like.
• TEACHERS!!!! If you do this online class, you are welcome to photocopy the worksheets for use in your classrooms.
• A blog dedicated to the class will be created and administered throughout the month and will be the place for you to post comments, questions, and/or links to your finished Activity Pages.
• A “Silliness 2″ flickr site will be created so you can (optionally) share your worksheets, drawings, artwork, and enjoy and learn from the artwork of others. (However, if you are shy about posting your art, I will be available to you the entire month to look at your work via email.)
• Prizes? Of course!!
• The 30 handouts will be up and available for download until December 15th,, if for some reason you need to miss a day (or a couple of weeks).
• I promise to make it fun. (Do you want to join me?)
This class is open to ANYONE, whether or not they took the first class (Because “silly” has no prerequisite). To see what others said about the first class, go here!
Why take it again? Three reasons:
- Because the material will be new and different. While drawing will continue to be the main focus, I plan to also introduce more color and collage activities.
- Because the material will be the same. Yes, there will be familiar exercises (such as blind contours… but of WHAT?!? THAT is the question!!)
- And, most exciting of all, the ants will be back!
September 15 – October 15, 2010
(though you will be able to access the pdfs until December 15th)
You can sign up now using the link above, or email me to make other payment arrangements (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PS… you can sign up any time through October 15th, and can download and catch up at your own pace.